- What is the price in the eco-institute?
All of the prices are based on per person, including accommodations, dinner and breakfast.
So, please let us know how many persons (including an infant) stay in a room when you make a reservation.
Please be sure that we charge you bathing tax at 150 JPY (Japanese yen) per person over 13-year-old except for accommodation charge.
- What time am I able to check in?
You can check in after 3:00 P.M.
- What time should I check out by?
You should check out any time before 10:00 A.M.
- What forms of payment are accepted?
Cash and all major credit cards are accepted including VISA, Master Card, JCB, AMERICAN EXPRESS, Union Pay（銀聯）, and DISCOVER.
- Do you have onsen (hot spring)? What are the hours?
Yes. Our onsen (large public bath of natural hot spring) has both indoor and outdoor baths.
The quality of water is alkaline simple spring.
Onsen is open from 3:00 P.M. to 12:00 at night and from 6:00 A.M. to 10:00 A.M.
- Is there a private bath in room?
”Deluxe Twin Rooms” and some “Twin Rooms” have a private bath inside.
But other rooms do not have a private bath.
- Can I smoke in room?
We are afraid, all of our rooms and restaurant are Non-smoking.
There are 2 smoking spaces inside and outside. We will show you the place when you check in.
- What kinds of facilities and amenities are there in room?
All of our rooms have a toilet, washbowl, TV, refrigerator (a bottle of drinking water inside), hair dryer, slippers, loungewear, bath towel, face towel, a tea set (teapot, teacups and green tea pack) and glasses.
We would appreciate if you bring a toothbrush and a razor. (We can give you at front desk for free.)
- What kinds of facilities are there in the eco-institute?
There are shop, lobby, lounge, smoking space, coin-operated laundry, drying room, vending machine and water server in the eco-institute.
We will give you a location map of our hotel when you check-in.
- Can I get wireless internet access at the eco-institute?
Yes, you can use wireless internet.
- What is the type of dinner in your restaurant?
For dinner, our restaurant serves French cuisine, which are standard course, full-course, kids course and one plate for infant.
Breakfast is Western buffet-style.
We do not offer Japanese cuisine.
- What hours is the restaurant open?
Our restaurant will be closed at 9:00 P.M. Please be sure to come to the restaurant by 8:00 P.M. at the latest.
Depending on the situation, the restaurant will be open twice for dinner (5:30 P.M. and 7:30 P.M.)
Breakfast is available from 7:00 A.M to 9:00 A.M.
- What is the difference between standard course and full-course dinner?
[Standard course] includes 1 hors d’oeuvre (appetizer), 1 soup, baguette, 1 main dish (fish),1 dessert and after-dinner drink.
*If you cannot eat fish for allergy, we can change the main dish to meat for you.
[Full-course] includes 1 hors d’oeuvre (appetizer), 1 soup, baguette, 2 main dishes (fish and meat), 2 dessert and after-dinner drink.
*Dinner can be upgraded to a full-course for an additional 2,050 JPY per person. The upgrading can be accepted by 3 days before your check-in.
- Do you have a la carte menu in your restaurant?
We are afraid we do NOT have it. The dinner is only set menu.
- Can I request dietary restrictions, food allergies and religious restrictions?
Yes, you can. But please let us know 3 days before check-in. And please let us know what foods you cannot eat and how many people cannot eat. For example, if you cannot eat beef, please tell us the extract of beef (beef’s soup stock) is fine or not.
- Can I change the meal plan after I arrive at the eco-institute?
We are sorry, we CANNOT accept any change of the meals, nor additional order (including dietary restrictions) on the day of your check-in.
- Do you have pick-up service?
Yes, we offer free pick-up service and will come to Shirakawa-Go bus stop to pick you up. Please ask “Main Information Center”, which is next to Shirakawa-Go bus stop, to call us when you need pick-up. Or, please call us (Our telephone number is: 05769-6-1187. (*When you call us from abroad, please call +81-5769-6-1187.) We can arrive in 15-20 minutes to pick you up.
- What hours is the pick-up service available?
The pick-up service is available from 2:30 P.M. to 6:00 P.M. for check-in, and available after 8:00 A.M. for check-out.
- Can you pick up only my luggage from Shirakawa-Go to the eco-institute before check-in?
We are afraid, we CANNOT. Please leave your luggage in a coin-operated locker at “Main Information Center” which is next to Shirakawa-Go bus stop.
- Is there car parking available?
Free car parks are available in front of the eco-institute. Our parking lot can accommodate 56 cars and 2 buses.
- Can you book a taxi?
We are afraid we CANNOT arrange it. You should book it by yourself.
Hakusan Taxi: http://www.hakusantaxi.com/
- Can you book a highway express bus and route bus?
We are afraid we CANNOT arrange it. You should book it by yourself.
Nohi Bus: http://www.nouhibus.co.jp/english/
Gifu Bus: http://www.gifubus.co.jp/highway/shirakawa/
Hokuriku Rail Road.Co.,LTD: http://www.hokutetsu.co.jp/en
- How do I get to the eco-institute by car?
Please see our Maps + Directions below.
At first, please get off “Tokai Hokuriku Highway” at “Shirakawa-Go IC (Interchange) “ exit.
Then, go through the “Route 156” up to the starting point of “Hakusan Shirakawa-Go White Road” (白山白川郷ホワイトロード).
The road starts at the side of convenience store named “Daily Yamazaki store Shirakawa-Go”.
* If you come here by driving a car with any GPS systems, please note that some of those guide you to a wrong way in case setting a point at our hotel directly.
So, at first please come to “Daily Yamazaki store Shirakawa-Go” by set a map-code “549048439*56”.
Then, there is a branch to Hakusan Shirakawa-Go White Road at the side of that store. Please turn right and enter that road and come through, our hotel is about 3km ahead from there.
- Can I go to the eco-institute by car when it snows?
Yes, you can. In winter, it constantly snows, and the roads have lots of snow and are icy.
We remove snow from the roads every day, but you need to equip snow tires, and bring snow chains just in case.
It is better to come by four-wheel-drive vehicle.
- How long does it take from Shirakawa-Go bus terminal to UNESCO World Heritage Shirakawa-Go (Ogi-machi gassho style village)?
It is 5 minutes’ walk.
- How long does it take from Shirakawa-Go bus terminal to the eco-institute?
It takes 15 minutes by car.
- Are there any restaurants, bars and convenience stores in Shirakawa-Go Village?
There are none around the eco-institute. There is a convenience store “Daily Yamazaki” (open from 6:00 am to 11:00 pm) in Ogi-machi Gassho style village, which is 10 minutes’ drive from the eco-institute.
There are some restaurants in the village, but they don’t open at night.
You can buy drinks and snacks at our shop, and buy cup noodles at vending machine in the eco-institute.